World Habitat Day 2019
The United Nations has designated the first Monday of October of every year as World Habitat Day.
This year, World Habitat Day will be held on 7 October 2019. The purpose of World Habitat Day is to reflect on the state of our towns and cities, and on the basic right of all to adequate shelter. It is also intended to remind the world that we all have the power and the responsibility to shape the future of our cities and towns.
World Habitat Day was established in 1985 by the United Nations General Assembly through Resolution 40/202, and was first celebrated in 1986.
The theme will be “Frontier Technologies as an innovative tool to transform waste to wealth”.
Frontier technologies are – automation, robotics, electric vehicles, renewable energy technologies, biotechnologies and artificial intelligence.
- This year we at ScoutsTT are encouraging our young people to show through song, poetry, and art ways in which Frontier Technologies can be applied to the transformation of waste to wealth in Trinidad and Tobago.
- To do so we encourage Youth Members, to send us their pieces electronically submitting video, pictures or documents which we can display on our website and Social Media. Items can be emailed to [email protected] from 25/09/19 onwards to the 7/10/19.
- Videos should be no longer than five minutes and should stick to the theme. They must show the transformative use of waste as it relates to any of the listed frontier technologies
- Artwork should be sent in GIF format and can be pictures of pieces done for permanent display at Dens, Scout Houses, and District Headquarters. Artwork should be labeled firstname_lastname_group and include a short description of no more than 200 words of what the piece is about.
- Poems, Songs and musical pieces must be original compositions.
Click HERE to be inspired!